San Diego has a nice year-round climate so this makes it a top travel destination for families with kids of all ages. If you are planning a trip to San Diego, there here are a few great places you and your kids may want to visit:
- Balboa Park- This is a legendary zoo that attracts people from across the globe to its beautiful gardens, museums, science center, kid’s aviation center, palms, trails and space museum. This park offers activities and events to those of all ages. Tickets may be purchased at the zoo for one day, or one week visits. Admission for children younger than 11 years old is free.
- Carousel- Near the downtown hotels, just a short walking distance away is Seaport Village where there is a large carousel that first originated in 1895. The carousel was completely hand-carved. Located near the carousel is East Plaza Gazebo where live entertainment like music concerts take place on Sunday afternoons. You and your kids can take a ride on the beautiful carousel for two bucks each.
- San Diego Sea World- Sea World is where the Sesame Street character Elmo can be found. Elmo rides at theme park include the Flying Fish and Sea Star spin, Children under the age of three ride for free.
- Legoland- Legoland is located in Carlsbad about forty-five minutes away from San Diego. This is a Lego themed resort that has rides. Both adults and children love the excitement this place offers.
- Beautiful Beaches- San Diego has beautiful beaches that both adults and children can enjoy beach combing, sun-bathing, water sports, fishing and much more. You and your kids can visit the tide pools at the National Monument located nearby.
- Outdoor Dining Places- San Diego offers visitors and locals a wide array of outdoor dining places where you can gather with family and friends to enjoy dining. Station Tavern can be found located in the South Park neighborhood. There are a few picnic areas.
- Sports Stadium- Visit the most family-friendly baseball stadium. Hotels surround the area if you and your family wish to stay awhile. Some of the hotel rooms offer superb views of the stadium.
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel- This lovely hotel is found in the downtown area of San Diego and it has a toddler pool. This is a family-friendly hotel with budget friendly prices.
As you can see, kid-Friendly activities in San Diego are plentiful and can be easily located all throughout the city.